Chicken and Veggie Bowtie Pasta
Another favorite and simple weeknight dinner is to combine pasta, whatever veggies I have, and a protein. Top with a little cheese and you have something that looks fancy but really only took about 20-30 minutes to make. A balanced meal in minutes using only two pans! Get creative with your variations. Try different combinations of pastas and veggies. Instead of chicken try a different protein such as shrimp or chickpeas!
- 12 oz whole wheat bowtie pasta
- 12 oz rotisserie chicken or chicken sausage (try chickpeas for a vegetarian option)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls of either arugula or spinach
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Boil pasta until tender. Cook chicken sausage (or heat up chicken pulled from rotisserie) in a pan over medium heat. When sausage is almost ready add a tablespoon of olive oil and the tomatoes, onions, and bell pepper. Sauté everything together for about 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Toss in the arugula, red wine vinegar, olive oil, cheese, and seasonings. Mix well. Once pasta is tender, drain and toss together with chicken and veggies.