Paprika Couscous Salad
This recipe has been a favorite of many over the years! The balsamic vinegar and smokey paprika are what make this couscous salad unique and delicious. It is great served as a warm side for dinner parties and provides a healthy option for guests. Also try it cold for your next backyard BBQ.
For the dressing you will need:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
For the salad:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup Israeli couscous
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Heat oil. Cook couscous in warm oil until golden, about 4-5 minutes. Add 2 cups water and the salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until couscous is tender and water is absorbed. Add dressing to warm couscous. Mix in other ingredients and toss.