Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups oat flour (or flour of choice: wheat, almond, all-purpose)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar (honey works too)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 1/3 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup halved raspberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon flour
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar and applesauce with an electric mixer or by hand until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until blended. Stir in the flour mixture, just until moist. Don't over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and then gently stir in the raspberries.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips and raspberries on top of the loaf. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.